Not Welcome.

I cut off my hair
The way I desire to cut people out my life
The ones who fail to realize the intensity of my struggle
And the purpose for my fight
Because I seek to relieve myself of the iniquities they represent in me
That creep below the surface
Of this heart and soul that runs deeper than the Earth's deepest ocean
If only you knew the things I felt
You would see why I am not so open
Or maybe your veil of ignorance would further elude you
And your foolishness would intrude your logic
With nonsense that does not truly relate to me
But see you showed up late to see what Bri has experienced
What revelations have come to break fear and build trust
In a process that has no certainty
But I most certainly must continue the journey
Remembering that my insurgency requires urgency
Remembering Nas song that said we are not alone
Yet days I have struggled to own my own realizations
Growing weary of my fear of change
So I withered away mentally and chose stagnation
But my ancestors did far too much for me to give up like I don't know patience
I get tired of having so much to say about mistakes
But then deal with the lack of action

You saying you want change
But where's the action Jackson

What do I fear?
I fear people who claim to love me
But only love my success
I fear my big heart
Because sometimes I follow it too much
And I don't do what's best
Yet I recognize wolves in sheep clothing
Roaming around my space, however, they are not allowed in this place
They have no permission to even sample a taste of greatness.

Comments

Popular Posts